1 # 21-25 count or larger shrimp (prawns) butterflied
2 T butter
2 t chopped garlic
salt and pepper to taste
16 corn tortillas
2 c green cabbage, thinly sliced, and tossed with 1 ½ T white vinegar and a little salt and pepper
1 batch Chipotle Peach Salsa (recipe follows)
Chipotle Peach Salsa:
- 1 medium red onion, finely diced and rinsed
- 1 red bell pepper, finely diced
- 2 jalapenos finely diced
- 2 T lime juice
- 5 – 6 yellow peaches, preferably freestone, cut into ¼” - ½ “ dice
- 3 chipotle peppers in adobo, chopped fine
- ½ t ground cumin
- ½ t ground coriander
- 2 T olive oil
- 2 t salt, or to taste
- ½ bunch chopped cilantro
Mix onion with lime juice and salt, let rest for 15 minutes. Add remaining ingredients, mix well, and serve. Will keep one day in refrigerator.
- Melt butter in a sauté pan over medium high heat, and, when just foaming, add shrimp, garlic, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Saute quickly, tossing often so garlic does not scorch. Shrimp should take no more than about 3 minutes to cook – do not overcook!
- Meanwhile, for each taco, place two warmed tortillas slightly off center one on top of the other, and line with a ¼ cup ribbon of cabbage.
- Divide the shrimp evenly on top of the cabbage.
- Divide salsa evenly over shrimp – enjoy!