2 Cups Rice, raw Rice
2 OZ Carrots, finely diced fine dice
2 OZ Celery, finely diced fine dice
3 OZ Onion, finely diced fine dice
2 OZ Sweet Pepper Sweet Pepper
2 OZ Green Beans
2 OZ Sweet Corn
1 Tbs Garlic , finely chopped
4 Tbs Achiote (paste)
1 Cup Cilantro
Salt & Pepper to taste
Chicken and Chicken Stock
Rough Chop all vegetables. Cook the Chicken and Vegetables in water. Until Chicken is fully cooked. Strain the stock and let cool. When cooled, pull chicken meat from the bones and disgard the bones and rough chop.
Can be made the day before. Chill if saving for the next day.
Steam Rice and set aside warm.
1. Blanch and refresh the Green Beans and Peas. Reserve.
2. Saute the Carrots, Celery, Onion, and Sweet Peppers until slightly soft. And the Garlic and Annatto Paste. Continue to saute for one minute or until the annatto Paste melts.
3. Add the Steamed Rice, Chicken Meat, Green Beans, Peas, and Sweet Corn. Incorporate some of the Chicken Stock and let cook for about two minutes. Rice should be moist but with no liquid remaining in the pan
4. Salt and pepper to taste.
5. Fold in Cilantro at the last minute and serve.